1 Installation – Back to top
- Firstly, you must install Prestashop version 1.6.x. Please Click Here to read more about How To Install Prestashop version 1.6.x
- Secondly, prepare for installing the SP Categories Module. The installation contains 5 steps as following:
Step 1: Login to your Prestashop admin panel and Go to Back Office >> Modules >> Modules. At the top of the page click the Add new theme button.
Step 2: Click “Choose a file” button to select your module .zip file “sp_categories_pres1.6_res_v1.0.1” that you have downloaded and then push “Upload this module” button.
Step 3: The uploading process will be started. You will see the message that “the module was successfully downloaded”.
Step 4: The new module will be located in the modules list. Search the name of module and Click on the Install button to install the module.
Step 5: Finally, you will see a notice message: “This module is already installed: spcategories”.
2 Configuration – Back to top
Find to the module that you have installed and clicked on Configure button to configure the module.
After clicking“Configure” button. It will display a page as the image below.
Can edit, duplicate, delete and add new module in this page.
In this layout, can change ordering of category by dragging the box contain ordering. And this module can work with different Hook into, can change in the param Hook into.
Below is module layout
The parameters are divided into the following groups:
- General Options
- Source Options
- Categories Options
Let’s look at the parameters in detail:
- Title – Input title for the module.
- Display Title – Display title of module Or not.
- Module Class Suffix – A suffix is applied to the CSS class of module. This allows for individual module styling.
- Status – Set status enable/disable for the module.
- Hook into – Select Hook into in list box.
- # Column – Set # column for each device
- For devices have screen width from 1200px to greater.
- For devices have screen width from 768px up to 1199px.
- For devices have screen width from 480px up to 767px.
- For devices have screen width less than or equal 479px.
- Open Link – Target to open links:
- New window – Open the link in the new window/tab.
- Same window – Open the link in the same window/tab.
- Popup window – Open links in new pop-up window.
- Select Layout – Allow to select layouts of module, we support 4 layouts.
- Tabs event for theme 4 – Set tabs event for theme 4 Click or Hover.
- Select Category – Allow you to select Category.
- Category Depth – Allow to select the number of child category levels to return.
- Count Categories – Allow to set categories limitation.
- Size image (W x H) – Select Size image in list box.
- Display Category Name – Display name of category Or not.
- Category Maxlength – The limited number of characters of category Name.
- Display Title Sub Category – Display Title of sub category Or not.
- Category Sub title Maxlength – The limited number of characters of sub category Name.
- Show total products – Display total products in category.
- Categories Order By – Allow to Order categories by Name/ ID/Random.
- Categories Odering Direction - Categories order Ascending/Descending direction.
3 HOW TO CREATE CATEGORIES – Back to top
Please go Here to readmore How To Create Categories in Prestashop.
4 HOW TO CREATE PRODUCTS – Back to top
Please go Here to readmore How To Create Products in Prestashop.